Friday, July 10, 2009

Confessions of a Drink Driver

Today, the 10th of July marks the day of my long awaited anniversary.....

It was today, in the year of 1990...
The blarring of my racecar's radio roared over the thunder storm. It was my favourite romance song, the newest one of Q.I.'s newest album. Memories of my wife flashed accross my dazed mind. I was especially down that day, we had just divorced.
The stench of strong alchohol squeezed and push their way up my nostrills. It was an unbearable smell. I wonder, I wonder why did I ever pick up this useless drinking habit.
My vision blurred into steam. I felt heat. Am I in a steam bath? I couldn't tell. My mind was in a whirl, and I could only think of my wife, now not my.

Suddenly, a blinding white light flashed up on my dirty windscreen! The stench. The song. The light. The "bang!". The salty red liquid in my mouth. The pain.

"Quick! Get the emergency rescue service!"
"Don't scare me..."

The scream of tyres, on the crying floor.

"He has been drinking! His blood sample tested positive for alcho..............."

It was fuzzy. I am gone...

Do not ever follow in my footsteps.
I am warning you.
I am watching you.
Everyday, everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment